Saturday, May 24, 2014

More fun (and rain) in Santa Fe

This roses in the front garden are like nothing I've seen in TX.
The center is yellow and the edges are orange. Lots of thorns.
Susan and I started our day at the Farmer's Market. The man who makes the fabulous flat breads was there so we got a loaf of garlic and spinach. Should have gotten two loaves! Also got a spinach and feta quiche plus a bottle of white wine that's made north of Santa Fe.

Next we went to two estate sales that were so much fun! The first one had tons of everything, but I focused on the cool fabrics and vintage tablecloths. I bought what might be the most gorgeous piece of Indigo I've ever seen. We had to hunt for the next estate sale, but it was so worth it. Besides some very cool, but overpriced, art there were fabrics there as well. And Susan bought an old Sunbeam stand mixer. It's turquoise. And it works.

Today I'm creating a tin necklace. I got inspired this afternoon and am ready to try to make a set. But first, Susan and I are going to enjoy the quiet afternoon, cool breeze coming in through the open windows, sunshine and garlic flat bread. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment