Saturday, May 3, 2014

All roads lead to H-Town

Bright colors are fun.
Mr. B was serious when he said that we were leaving Santa Fe at dawn this morning. Of course I didn't sleep much last night because I kept looking at the clock to see how long before I had to get up. Sure enough, we got dressed, made the bed, cleaned the bathroom, and hit the road around 6:15 a.m.

In anticipation of the drive back, I made the earrings in the pic-of-the-day last night. Maybe a month ago I bought lunch boxes from a friend of my cousin's, Susan. I liked this lunch box because it had a road map all over it. Interesting that when I drive back to Santa Fe in a couple of weeks, the plan is for Susan to go with me.

Today I'm creating a long drive back to Houston. There are three different routes to get to and from Santa Fe. Today we tried one that we haven't driven before, going through Lubbock, Abilene and the outskirts of Bryan. I had to drive through Bryan to Rest-Ever Memorial Cemetery for a quick visit. All four of my grandparents, my mom and dad, an aunt and uncle, and two cousins are buried there.

No comments:

Post a Comment