Monday, May 19, 2014

I can't think of a headline

The red roses in the front yard look pretty
against the big pot of lantana and ferns.
When I had my marketing communications business – and depended on my income to support the lovely McCarley sisters and myself – there were certain times of the year that were busier than others. For example, the time between Thanksgiving and New Years was generally very slow. People took end-of-the-year vacations so it was impossible to get necessary approvals. Another reason for the slowness was that usually by the end of the year corporate communication departments and businesses were out of money for marketing projects until their new budget became available.

I've noticed that this year the business hasn't picked up any after the first of the year. It's sad to me that I have less work, and obvious to me that I'm lost about what to do with all the extra time I have on my hands. This must be how my daddy felt when he was forced into retirement only a few months older than I am now.

Today I'm creating nothing (again). I could write that I'm creating a clean kitchen and washing clothes, but I don't really think those activities are going to keep my creative mind healthy and active. Bummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment