Saturday, May 17, 2014

A quiet Saturday


Mr. B had his normal Saturday breakfast with his buddy Keith. Their "bromance" has been going on for several years now. I know they both look forward to male bonding on Saturday mornings.

In the mid-1990s I paid $180 for the pair of mid-20th-century chairs to the right. The served as the guest chairs in my office. Then Dr. Mc and  #1-son-in-law Nick took them to Denver for five years and have had them in their Houston home for seven years. During the past couple of weeks, the chairs got new leather upholstery and springs, making them good to go for another 60+ years. Next up for new life is a rocker that came off a farm in Madison County that belonged to my great aunt Callie. My grandparents were the next owners of the rocker. I think everyone in the family since my father was rocked to sleep in that chair. My parents had the rocker before I inherited it. We have had the rocker in Pettita Casita in Santa Fe for seven years, but I just brought it back to Houston. I told Dr. Mc the rocker is mid-century: mid-19th century. I love the size of the rocker and the way it squeaks. It's very calming.

Today I'm creating a list of items to take to Santa Fe with me next week. I know I need to take some tins with me. Hopefully cousin Susan won't complain about the noise of the Dremel sanding as much as Mr. B. The noise interferes with his television viewing. Well, I'm heading out for about 10 days of cousin bonding.

No comments:

Post a Comment