Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Today I'm posting a picture of Marie. I don't remember how many years ago this yellow stray kitten appeared starving at our back door. But since she arrived, all Marie wants from us is food twice a day, without so much as a thank you. We've never touched her although she was purring when I stepped onto the deck this morning to snap her picture. She has been caught a couple of times but has always managed to escape the trap. So like clockwork, every Spring she delivers a litter. I catch the litters and find homes for them. Three of her offsprings that I couldn't find homes for were fixed and now occupy the backyard with their surly mom. Mr. B told me that he saw her latest litter (or at least two kittens) yesterday. Let the fun and games begin with trying to catch them.

Today I'm creating cupcakes. I just finished baking chocolate espresso cupcakes and am moving on to the champagne pear cupcakes. I can't let Evan, Kendall and Nick have all the fun cooking! Brunch is at 1:30 p.m. and I can't wait to celebrate Mother's Day with my fellow moms: Heloise (my mother-in-law), Iris and Michele (Nick's grandmother and mother) and Sherry (Kendall and Evan's stepmother).

No comments:

Post a Comment