Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May 3, 2011

Yesterday I listened to a portion of Oprah's show. Her guests were President and Mrs. Obama. Since the show was pre-recorded last week there was no discussion about bin Linden. I'm not really sure what they were talking and laughing about because all I could think about was how many millions of dollars it must have cost the American taxpayers for President and Mrs. Obama (and their entourage) to fly Chicago for personal reasons. During a time when the U.S. economy is in the tank, wouldn’t it be more appropriate for Oprah to interview the Obamas at the White House? The last time I checked, the costs to produce Lady O's shows were paid by private advertising and not by a nation of people who are heavy in debt and overtaxed!

I do remember Mrs. Obama saying that what she admires most about her husband is his ability to keep his "eye on the prize” and stay focused on the concerns of the American people. The President readily nodded in agreement. Really? If the President was as concerned about the economy as most Americans, he wouldn't be taking a joy ride to the Winding City simply to appear on a talk show. As Mr. B constantly reminds me: ALL politicians lie and you can’t trust them. Funny, that’s the same thing he says about teenagers.

Today I'm creating a newsletter (it's Tuesday and I'll be in my client's office). Since Mr. B will be tied up with the Offshore Technology Conference until after dinner, I'm also creating a meal for myself of something he doesn't like and then watching the results show for Dancing with the Stars. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment