Friday, May 27, 2011

May 27, 2011

I'm trying to motivate myself for a weekend of cleaning, beginning with the inside of the house and moving to the yard. I used to love Fridays because they were the beginning of the weekend. Now I think of Fridays as house cleaning days, and there's nothing I dislike more than cleaning house. Well, maybe I dislike beets, cauliflower and football more.

Motivating myself seems to be a problem right now, whether I'm writing, sewing, beading or cleaning house. I dread the process, but like the end results. Same thing is happening with my healthy eating. I like the end results, but have gotten bogged down in the process. I need to motivate myself to focus on the goal and push through the task at hand.

Today I'm creating a clean house! As much as I dislike football, I like this quote from Vince Lombardi: "The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand." My task at hand today is a clean house!

No comments:

Post a Comment