Thursday, May 19, 2011

May 19, 2011

Little Roz is ready to snuggle under a blanket.
I can't believe that it's snowing in Santa Fe. Sweet little snow flakes are falling, but not sticking to the ground. It was about 37 degrees last night. Today the temperature is supposed to be in the low 50s and back down to the mid-30s tonight. Burrrrrrr!

I brought two work projects with me to finish in Santa Fe. I'm proud to say that I completed both yesterday. Last night I was thinking about the yard work that needs to happen here, but I'm not sure today will be a good day for gardening. It's amazing that the garden can be so beautiful in the summer, spend months covered in snow, and then be beautiful again the following summer. Right now there are a few flowers starting to bloom, but most of the garden is still brown.

Today I'm creating a clean casita. The casita doesn't have dust bunnies like Miss Haversham's in Great Expectations, but dusting is in order. Any other English Lit majors who remember Pip, Estella and Miss Haversham?

2 comments:

  1. Great Expectations was the only good thing Dickens wrote. Everything else is way too drawn out... David Copperfield made me want to scream
    "GET ON WITH IT!"
    Also, when I was re-reading Jane Eyre recently, I drew parallels between Mr. Rochester's estate and Miss Haversham's place. Mr. Rochester finally got the picture and cleaned up but I don't think Miss Haversham ever go the memo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evan: What about Oliver Twist and A Christmas Carol? Love them. David Copperfield was written as a serial, published in 19 monthly publications before it was published as a novel. That's probably why it seems drawn out. Very autobiographical.

    ReplyDelete