Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 24, 2011

I'm excited to have a new contract (as of today) to write a monthly newsletter. YES! For people in freelance businesses, monthly contracts and/or retainers are "bread-and-butter work" and project work is "icing on the cake." (Note the food references. It must be time for lunch.)

When times were good, before the recent economic downturn, I had project work from design firms and advertising agencies, as well as three contract/retainers with client companies: one for daily work, one for a bi-monthly e-newsletter and another for a quarterly e-newsletter. Currently I have two contracts and some project work that I do directly for client companies that don't have in-house marketing departments. Although I'd like to have one more contract/retainer job, I'm liking my current arrangement because it lets me work on my crafting projects.

Today I'm creating a headband for Kendall. She has a new dress to wear to a wedding in Dallas this weekend and she needs a fashionable headpiece to complete her look. Mom to the rescue!

No comments:

Post a Comment