Saturday, May 21, 2011

May 21, 2011


Found half of a tiny blue egg shell on the
ground under the big apricot tree.

Although it’s still quite cold in Santa Fe, or at least from a Texas-girl’s perspective, there are gardening shows and exhibitions all over town this weekend. A container gardening workshop and an iris show are on my radar for today. I lead a holiday porch pot workshop in Houston in December 2010, so I’m going to enjoy the container gardening workshop in Santa Fe. The plants are certain to be very different!

Speaking of gardening, I’ve heard that because there was a strong freeze in New Mexico this year, which destroyed the buds just as they were setting, there will be no fruit on the trees this year. What? I really enjoyed preserving the apricots from our tree last summer. I was already counting how many jars of apricot preserves I would need to make this summer to give to friends during the holidays this year. Guess it’s time to rethink!

Today I’m creating a full day of fun: some shopping, gardening, cooking and final cleaning of the casita before returning to Houston. Even in the summer when I spend six-to-eight weeks here, the time goes too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment