Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May 5, 2011

Feliz Cinco de Mayo.

Glamour shot of Mother (third from the left)
and some of her girlfriends.
I saw a posting on my FB Wall asking everyone to change his/her profile picture to a photo of his/her mom in honor of Mother's Day. The one posted as my FB profile picture was taken when Mother was 26 years old (thanks Mr. B for scanning). I don't look anything like Mother, who had dark hair and brown eyes. The photo of Mother I'm posting today on my blog was taken in 1945 or 1946, when she was a senior in high school. (Mother is third from the left.) I've always liked this photo of Mother and her girlfriends. She said they just decided to get dressed up and have a picture made for no special occasion. Very glam!

Today I'm creating some low-cal Mexican food for dinner in honor of Cinco de Mayo. But if my housemate wants to take me out to dinner and margaritas instead, my arm can be twisted (hint,  hint). Ole.

No comments:

Post a Comment