Thursday, May 26, 2011

May 26, 2011

There was a report on television this morning that the economy is not showing signs of growth. I wonder how many government scientists and how many millions of dollars it took to determine that? I suggest that next month the researchers just call a couple of people and ask them about their bank accounts instead of spending money on expensive polls. Off in the distance I hear the wheels spinning in Dr. Mac's head saying, "no, no, Mom, you can't have a scientific poll by just calling a couple of people."
Dr. Mac isn't pleased with my idea on
how to conduct a survey. But she's excited that
she has a four day weekend!

Did anyone else watch Oprah's last show that aired yesterday? It took me back to my Baptist childhood with boring Sunday morning sermons, wondering if they would ever end. By the time Lady O finished with her sermon ... I mean 44-minute monologue ... I was completely bored. In fact, I decided to take the dogs for a walk and didn't even see the last portion of the show. I predict her ego is so big that she'll miss the spotlight. In a couple of years will she start another show? Maybe not. After all, what does she need with a television show when she has a television network! Back to my first paragraph, I suggest that the government researchers NOT call Ms. O and inquire about her bank account. Her results might not be a good economic indicator. One message she delivered was good: follow your passion. Good advice!

Today I'm creating a fun lunch with four women I used to work with. They always make me laugh!

1 comment: