Wednesday, May 11, 2011

May 11, 2011

Once a mom, always a mom! Both girls are in turmoil and I can't fix their problems. 

Kendall and Nick's beagle, Kirby.
Kendall and Nick's beagle, Kirby, has disc problems and is in constant pain. Several attempted remedies by the vet haven't given Kirby any relief, so Nick took Kirby to a neurologist today. Kirby needs surgery that will cost $4-$5K. Kendall and Nick are devastated! Then there's Evan, who is unemployed, broke and needs to get a new bicycle because hers was stolen. Where is my magic wand when I need it? My heart is breaking for all of them!

Today I'm creating a magazine article and the text for two invitations, and trying to suppress the urge to eat a pint of ice cream. I know, I know. Eating ice cream won't improve my mood or give me super powers to fix the kid's problems. I just need to put on my big girl panties and deal with the fact that I can't or shouldn't fix everyone's problems. Maybe some retail therapy would make me feel better?

2 comments: