Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor day = lazy day

'Tis the last rose of summer
Left blooming alone;
All her lovely companions
Are faded and gone.
-- Thomas More
I ate lunch outside today with Princie and John who are in town from Houston. They're seriously thinking about buying a house here. Princie is an artist and I know she would find great inspiration in the high desert. The three of us walked over to eat, ate outside, and then walked back to the casita. I loved the walk, although I'm sure my head and shoulders got too much sun.

Princie asked me if I was sad to be leaving to go back to Houston in a couple days. That question gets yes and no answers. I'll miss the casita and the beautiful weather, but I'm ready to get back to Mr. B, family and friends. When I come back in November, it will be a completely different landscape in the high desert. It will be cold. It might have already have snowed. And all the beautiful flowers and plants will be dominant and brown.

Today I'm creating stacks and piles. Items to pack away in the casita. Items to take back to Houston. And I've started deep cleaning, which involves housework as well as putting away the summer linens and putting out cold-weather blankets and quilts.


No comments:

Post a Comment