Saturday, September 21, 2013

A full range of emotions

Totes, such as this one made from African
mudcloth, will be part of what I sell during
the Santa Fe Recycle Art Festival in November.
A tree in our neighbors' yard fell on the power lines behind their house around 10:30 p.m. yesterday, which left us without electricity for about six hours. The only audible sounds for six hours were Mr. B and Rose snoring, the beeping of the Internet box, and the sounds of trucks in the middle of the block. No doubt these are the reasons I had a migraine headache this morning and missed my cousin's life celebration this afternoon. I was very disappointed, but knew that I couldn't drive an hour and be around family with a migraine. I couldn't even lift my head from the pillow or open my eyes. Good drugs and about six hours of sleep finally cured my problem.

Another thing that happened today was receiving word this afternoon that I have been accepted into the Santa Fe Recycle Art Festival. I don't think I've used as many explanation points as in the email that I sent back to the festival thanking them for accepting me. That was before the trucks arrived this afternoon to make a permanent fix to the power lines, which left us without electricity again this evening for several hours.

Today I'm creating nothing, but tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment