Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Days filled with pro bono work

On this day in 1991, the album "Nevermind" by Nirvana
was released. I didn't like Nirvana, but bought the album
because of the cover. Yes, it's all in the presentation!
This  morning I worked on marketing for the Houston Heights Association and this afternoon I worked on publicity for the Bayou City Art Festival. I can hear Mr. B saying right now that I should be spending as much time on paying work or creating items for the upcoming Santa Fe Recycle Art Festival. Just to keep him from fussing at me, I'm going upstairs after I post this blog to work on organizing my fabrics and tins.

Yesterday I got an IKEA catalog and was looking for inspiration for my booth at the recycle festival. As I've said before, "it's all about the presentation." These have been words to live by in my professional and volunteer life. Hum. Perhaps I just decided on the inscription for my headstone. Except that I'm going to be cremated, not buried. But I digress. Back to my recycle festival booth. I'm envisioning a rustic-meets-shabby-chic look. I think. I see it in my head so hopefully I can make it work.

Today I'm creating copy for a poster. A sceptic might think that writing a poster is nothing. "Oh, I could do that and I'm not even a professional writer." Really? There's a small space and tons to communicate. It's not as easy as you might think.


No comments:

Post a Comment