Friday, May 17, 2013

May 17, 2013

It's prom season. Mr. B and I were enjoying dinner tonight in the bar at Glass Wall when two couples walked in (see pic-of-the-day). After a couple of adult beverages, I went to their table and asked if I could take their photo. They were very accommodating and even asked me to take a photo with their camera. I love it that they came all the way from Cypress to have their pre-prom dinner at Glass Wall, before attending their prom someplace outside the loop. Mr. B and I think of Glass Wall as a neighborhood restaurant and bar because we go there so often. But it's really more than a neighborhood spot.
Cute couples have pre-prom dinner at Glass Wall. Adorable.

I remember my Junior Prom. I attended – wearing a pale blue long gown – with a young man who I thought was the love of my life. That lasted probably six months. But I'll always remember him because he was the first boy who pursued me. He like me. He really like me, before I like him. On a Friday afternoon, he came to my house with a box of chocolate candy and asked me out for the next night. I thought it was very classy. I went to the senior girls' dance and my drill team formal with another young man who I thought was the love of my life. On our first date, he told me he was crazy about me. (OK, I was easily impressed.) That relationship lasted maybe three months. I also remember my senior prom date. I attended with a friend. I was between boyfriend and my date didn't have a girlfriend, so we went together. Less than eventful, although I did wear a lovely green chiffon gown. 

Today I'm creating an appointment with a web designer and an afternoon appointment with an advertising rep. I was really  impressed with both, but especially the afternoon magazine rep. She was adorable and a very smooth rep, without being pushy. I think she was wise beyond her years, which may have been 30-32! If only I had been that posed at that age.

No comments:

Post a Comment