Wednesday, May 8, 2013

May 8, 2013

As much as I promised myself that I would never get old, I'm afraid I'm going there. Today I looked at photos from the Met Ball and didn't see much that I would wear, even if I was a size 0. And I'm finding more and more that the clothes I like aren't what's seen on the runway. Instead, comfort is key. Don't get me started on the shoes I now wear after last year's marathon foot and ankle problems and surgeries! Then younger people don't think about the knowledge and abilities that come with age. All they can think about is wrinkles and gray hair kill creative thinking skills.
I think I was being questioned last night about whether or not I can write for a young crowd. Well, that's interesting. Yes, I spent most of my career writing business-to-business communications, which is a very corporate style. But I've also been known to have fun with words and syntax. How many people at any age can say that?

Today I'm creating appointments for tomorrow and Friday. My final thoughts about aging is that I need to stay young so I can enjoy this wonderful life I'm living! Mr. B's mom was so right when she used to tell us, "It's hell getting older, but it beats the alternative."

No comments:

Post a Comment