Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May 28, 2013

Chocolate chip cookies and brownies for the dinner
party on Sunday night.
Friday night Mr. B and I went to two friends to see "Always ... Patsy Cline" at Stages Theater. We saw it before, probably 10-12 years ago. This production was a little different, but still great. Then Saturday night we went to dinner with friends at the new Ruggles Green in the Heights. The old 11th Street Cafe building looks fabulous and my salad with salmon was yummy. I'm not sure how they ever got rid of the fried grease smell that always lingered in the old 11th Street Cafe, but it was gone. I wish we had known that they don't have their liquor license yet. We would have taken a bottle of wine.

Sunday night we went to some friends house to eat dinner and watch the Liberace movie. I'm not sure what to think about the movie. Since it was adapted from a book written by Liberace long-time partner, I'm guessing that some of the facts were actually fiction. Considering the modern-day openness about gays and lesbians, it's hard to believe that being gay or bi-sexual could have ruined someone's career. What's even more unrealistic is that anyone ever believed Liberace was straight! Furs. Glittery costumes. Huge jewelry. Always surrounded by males. And that voice! Rock Hudson was believable as a hunky straight man, but not Liberace.

Today I'm creating a new blog. Plus, it's Tuesday, so I'm doing work for my Tuesday client. I took four days off from my blog and couldn't remember the password when I tried to log on today. Yes, the mind is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment