Monday, May 20, 2013

May 20, 2013

I have just the place in the Santa Fe garden for
a swing and trellis. Maybe this summer.
For my birthday last year, Dr. Mc and #1 son-in-law Nick took one of my daddy's old gold watches to a jewelry store. They had it cleaned and a new battery put in it. But the best thing they did – was under the face, on the flat part that sits on your wrist – they had my maiden name (Akin) engraved along with Daddy's initials and mine. I wear the watch often, but even the gold link band was way too big. I finally  had links removed today. Now all I need is for #1 son-in-law Nick to teach me how to set the date without changing the time or the day.

I haven't written anything in my blog about my quest since the first of the year. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to jinx what I'm trying to accomplish. But today, I reached a major milestone. On January 10, when I got the last cast removed from my foot, I made a promise to myself that I was going to start eating better. Mr. B, family and friends did such a good job of taking care of me during all my foot problems in 2012, that I gained weight. Key lime pies. Vanilla milk shakes. Mint Milano cookies. And tons of processed foods. I wanted to take the weight off (plus some), but I didn't want to diet. Instead, I started eating better and controlling the portions of what I eat. I've pretty much eliminated caffeine, sugar, dairy, flour, bread and pasta from my lifestyle. I haven't eaten breakfast since I was in high school, but I now eat something within 30 minutes of the time I wake up. My one failing is that I'll never completely remove alcohol from my life. Nor do I want to it or Mexican food (without the cheesy greasy sauces). Anyway, as of today, May 20, 2013, I have lost 50 pounds. It's a big milestone. I'm so proud of myself and so good that I had to share with the 30-40 people who read my blog
.

Today I'm creating meeting time with two clients. Tomorrow should be interesting. I've signed up for two webinars. As Daddy used to say, "never stop learning."

No comments:

Post a Comment