Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6, 2013

I wish you could smell the star jasmine on the garage.
It's so lovely!
This was an early morning for me, and we all know how I feel about that! I was back to my search for art deco furniture and accessories for a client. I learned about an auction that had art deco furniture so I looked at some online photos before making the journey out by IAH. Dressed. Starbuck's in hand. And seated before the auction began, bid paddle at the ready.

I've been to auctions before and know how they work. Yet when it came to bidding on the pieces that my client was interested in getting, I was a hot mess. I knew there would be three men bidding against me, because they had been bidding on everything art deco. When the bidding started everything was going so fast. I couldn't tell if I had the high bid or not, but don't think I ever bid against myself. Anyway, I got the pieces and stayed way under budget. My client was so excited with the results!

Today I'm creating time to flip through the pile of catalogues that Mr. B saved while I was gone. I'm hoping that he gets home from work at a reasonable time today so he can grill chicken and we can eat outside. The star jasmine that grows on our garage is in full bloom (see the pic-of-the-day). The smell is so sweet and wonderful, and the temperature is great. It would be a lovely evening for al fresco dining.

No comments:

Post a Comment