Friday, June 8, 2012

June 8, 2012

I got the word that the apricots in Santa Fe are
still ripening on our tree. 
It has been a long day! During normal times, I can jump in the shower and be out the door in 30 minutes. This includes showering, washing and drying my hair, putting on makeup, and getting dressed. As I said, during normal times. But during times when I'm hobbling around on crutches and balancing myself on one  foot, getting out the door takes longer.

This morning I began getting dressed at 9:30 a.m. for a meeting and lunch after that. I was 30 minutes late. Next I went to the doctor's office to have my stitches removed. It was not as painful this time, which made me very happy! According to the doctor, all is healing well. Then, because I was such a good girl at the doctor's office, Dr. Mc (my driver for today) took us to get manicures. It was nice getting those long nails cut off. By the time she brought me home it was approximately 4 p.m. Sweet June Barth brought dinner to the house around 5 p.m., even though she has in-laws staying at her house. What a sweet lady! By the time she left my foot/ankle was throbbing some I'm now in lala land after taking a happy pill.

Today I'm creating ideas for another conference. But writing anything will have to wait until tomorrow. I'm calling it quits at 9 p.m. on a Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment