Friday, June 22, 2012

June 22, 2012

That black blob is Roz. It's nearly impossible
to get her in her "house" before I leave, and
today she didn't want to come out. She's
a funny little thing!
Is it really Friday afternoon? I have to keep thinking about what day it is. One thing I do know is that today is the official end of my birthday celebrations.

I had a great birthday lunch today with Candy. We don't get together that often and I really enjoyed catching up with her. I think our server at Shade was beginning to think we would never order, but we got around to it – starting with a bottle of wine. Lordy, I don't normally have wine at lunch and now I remember why. Next we ordered some fried green tomatoes to share. Yum! And by the time we ordered lunch, we had finished the bottle of wine so we ordered single glasses. Although tempted, we did skip dessert. When I got in the car to drive home – full as a a tick – I realized we had been at Shade for 3.5 hours. Worth every minute and bite! Thanks, Candy!

Today I'm creating more additions to my bucket list, although I don't really like that name. After spending a week celebrating my 60th birthday and contemplating my own mortality, I don't really want to focus on what I want to do before I die. I want to think about having years and years (and years) to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment