Saturday, June 23, 2012

June 23, 2012

I see a mojito in my future!
It's a VERY quiet day in the Pettit household. Even Mr. B is napping, which means it was a long week for him. A nap for me? An everyday occurrence? Yes, please.

There are things I could be doing instead of playing on the computer and watching television reruns, such as straightening my closet and drawers. I could blame my perpetual need to clean out my closet and dresser drawers on the lack of storage space, but the truth is that I just don't hang up my clothes. At this point my mother – the neat freak – would be rolling over in her grave, if she hadn't been cremated. (Please excuse my tasteless joke.) Still, I can feel "Her Homemaker"-ness' displeasure with me as I look around the room and see clothes I wore this week hanging on the outside of the closet, not to mention clean, unfolded clothes sitting in the chair, and right shoes only littering the floor. I would be in such trouble if I was a child living at home. Hum ... maybe not living at home with my very neat parents is another good reason to celebrate being 60! I can be messy when I want ... and drink mojitos on a Saturday night. My parents would not have approved of either.

Today I'm creating mojitos, maybe. I'm still thinking about Thursday lunch with Paula when we drank a refreshing mojito. More, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment