Monday, June 18, 2012

JUNE 18, 2012

Dinner with Mr. B on Saturday at Escalante included
tasty seafood enchiladas and refreshing margarita.
Hello 60! I'm excited to report to all of my family and friends who have not had the pleasure of celebrating this milestone birthday that I woke up this morning with all of my appendages still attached and with no additional wrinkles or gray hairs in sight. In fact, I would think that today was just another day, were it not for the fact that Mr. B served me breakfast in bed, including a glass of my favorite champagne. I had a piece of leftover chocolate sheet cake for lunch. The day will be complete if there is mac and cheese somehow involved with dinner.

Turning 60 seems to be the same as other milestones – more hype than holler. I remember as a child thinking how old I would be (48) at the turn of the 21st Century. Yet when the time came, it really wasn't a big deal. I  think back to 1999, and all the hubbub surrounding the forecasted Y2K crash of the Internet and computer technology as we knew it, but it never happened. Looking back to January 1, 2000, it's hard to believe that it was 12 years ago. And I was told by at 15-year-old last night not to worry about the world ending, as per the Mayan calendar, on December 21, 2012. According to young Austin, scientists have concluded that earlier predictions didn't take leap years into account, so December 21, 2012 is going to be a non-event.

Today I'm creating sangria for the after work Women of Wine event. Then Mr. B is taking the family and some friends to Shade for dinner. My actual birth time is around 9:45 p.m., so we should all be back at the house enjoying cake and bubbly by that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment