Saturday, June 2, 2012

June 2, 2012

Cute friend Kelly. 
It was a very quiet day at home today. Translation: I'm super bored! Mr. B volunteered at the Heights Fun Run this morning. I'm so impressed that he was up and out the door at 5:30 a.m. But almost the minute he walked back in the door around 9:30 a.m. he threw his elbow out. Now wait. How is he supposed to carry my food trays if his elbow hurts? I finally convinced him to go to CVS and buy a heating pad. His elbow is yet another example of our bodies just falling apart as we age.

Tonight, with my foot propped up, I watched Beauty and the Beast. I remember going to see it years ago at the theater with Mr. B, his mom and Sweetness. I loved the movie then and still love it now. What a treat to find it on television on a Saturday night at home.

Today I'm creating nothing. We were supposed to have had a back yard dinner party and movie screening tonight, but that got cancelled. My foot and ankle just aren't up to moving around the kitchen while cooking and then setting up everything outside. We'll reschedule in the fall when the weather is once again cool. In the meantime, a girl has got to respect her temporary limitations.

No comments:

Post a Comment