Wednesday, June 6, 2012

June 6, 2012

Dr. Mc. I'm guessing (by the lace on her panties and because
her shoe is tied) that she is age four or five.
Although I don't like math (sorry Dr. Mc), I like numbers. For example, today's date – June 6, 2012 – translates in my mind to 6+6=12. I'll like the date on August 10, 2012 (8-10-12), and October 11, 2012 (10-11-12), and December 12, 2012 (12-12-12). Get the idea? Fun with numbers.

So if I like numbers, why don't I like math? Is it too rigid for me? Probably. Six plus six will always equal 12, yet in the world of creative thinking where my mind resides, "always" doesn't exist. I tell people there are no bad ideas, just ideas. That's my world. Curious. I just had a "light bulb" moment. I know some people who live in the world of "always" and I find it really hard to be around them. I'm sure you know people who think things as either black or white. Right or wrong. Yes or no. I don't understand that way of thinking. Sometimes these people come across as rude or egotistical to me. Donald Trump quickly comes to mind as an example. When he speaks with that funny little mouth of his, he talks in "black and white." Gray was removed from his box of crayons at an early age. He's right and the rest of us are wrong, and whoever disagrees with him is stupid. So not my world. Fortunately, as much as Dr. Mc LOVES math, she doesn't live in an "always" world. I find it remarkable that she functions so incredibly well in both worlds.

Today I'm creating sliced citrus for the sangria I'm making. There will probably need to be some recipe sampling along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment