Tuesday, June 19, 2012

June 19, 2012

Yesterday might have been the best birthday. EVER! In the late afternoon I went to the Women of Wine Sangria Throwdown at El Real. The sommeliers and chefs did a great job preparing different sangrias, and as always I met some new women. Loved it! I picked up Mr. B and we met friends and family for dinner at Shade. Then we came back to the house for Italian Creme cake (my favorite) from Dacapos.  
Yummy Italian Creme birthday cake.

Let's recap my liquor intake. Five different kinds of sangria before dinner (I had to sample all of them). Two glasses of white wine with dinner (perfectly cooked salmon was complemented by Pinot Gris). Several glasses of Champagne (but who is counting). Family. Old and new friends. Tons of birthday wishes. I'm a lucky 60-year-old woman!

Today I'm creating thank you notes and smiling when I think of my many blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment