Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 30, 2011

As a journeyman through life on a never-ending quest to discover the true purpose and meaning of life, I paused last night to question ... what's wrong with eating raw cookie dough?

I'm standing in the kitchen eating a slice of raw dough (note that I was standing so there weren't any calories involved). In my other hand is the package, which clearly instructs: PLEASE DO NOT EAT RAW COOKIE DOUGH. I'm assuming it's because there are raw eggs in the dough. Wrong! NO PRESERVATIVES. Really? Here are some of the ingredients in the dough: thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, niacin, folic acid, sodium aluminum phosphate. Instead of no preservatives, the label should read: Too many chemicals and not enough natural ingredients. I'm happy that I lived through the night after ingesting the yummy dough, but hope you don't consider my ability to digest the dangerous ingredients as an endorsement for living on the wild side.

Today I'm creating thank you notes, and maybe eating more raw dough. Danger Will Robinson. Danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment