Monday, June 27, 2011

June 27, 2011

I just realized that I didn't post yesterday. I'm blaming the pain pills, which kept me fuzzy and sleeping most of the day. I'm surprised at how much the tip of my pinky hurts. Leave it to Dr. Mc to remind me that there are many nerves in the tips of fingers. So instead of blogging yesterday, I ate everything I could find. I should have blogged — it's less fattening.

Mr. B and Missy are beginning to go through everything in their mom's apartment. He said she saved every card she ever received. I do the same thing. The birthday cards I received just a week ago are still on my bedside table. Inside the card Evan gave me this year she wrote, I love you more than a homeless person loves malt liquor. I know, I've done the research. Such a random comment. Who thinks of something like that? I can't throw the card away!

Today I'm creating clean closets. It always seems to happen that at the last minute before people come to the house I start throwing things (mainly shoes) in the bottom of the closets. Tell me I'm not the only one who does that.

1 comment:

  1. Evan is such a funny soul. How wonderful that Byron's mom left the cards. Art left behind a collection of every card or note he had received from me, Julie, or Dan. It was such a gift when I found them in the attic and handed them out. We each could spend a little more time with him, and revisit those special moments. I still find notes from Art tucked in a book or in a drawer.

    ReplyDelete