Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June 29, 2011

I made an uncharacteristically brave decision last night to remove the bandage on my finger. It had been wrapped up since I sliced off the tip on Saturday morning. I thought it was time to put on my big-girl-panties and unveil the injury, just to make sure it was healing properly.

Mr. B cut off as much of the bandages as he could. Then I soaked the rest in water until the gauze fell away from the cut. I was so proud of myself, until I looked at the wound. Mr. B said it looked worse than he thought it would, at which point I almost threw up. The rewrap we did on my pinky looks like the mummified head of Gumby, if you can imagine that visual. Not sure how we got that shape, but it will have to do for now. I don't know when I'll muster  the courage to remove the bandage again! Not only did the wound look nasty, but it throbbed for hours because we messed with it.

Today I'm creating sponsorship letters, reviewing a newsletter before it gets printed, and then planning a reception for Sandra York. She a terrific friend and neighbor, as well as a wonderful artist who is having a showing on July 9. Mr. B and I are hosting a reception after her opening to celebrate her success. Nothing I love more than a good party!

No comments:

Post a Comment