Tuesday, June 21, 2011

June 21, 2011




The summer solstice or “Midsummer” happens today when a celestial alignment results in the longest day of the year. According to the Farmer's Almanac, the start of summer in the northern hemisphere is 1:16 p.m. today. I think Mr. B and I will celebrate the event with an al fresco dinner on the deck. A nice salad with grilled salmon, some good bread, and a summer cocktail. I'm thinking raspberry mojitos.
And since the summer solstice has longstanding ceremonies and rituals, I think some "spooky chic stuff" is in order. Ancient Pagans celebrated Midsummer with bonfires, when couples would leap through the flames, believing their crops would grow as high as the couples were able to jump. Translation into a modern-day ritual: Mr. B and I can jump over a votive hoping for good fortune in the coming months.


Today I'm creating newsletter revisions. The monthly newsletter I wrote for June needs to be revised for July delivery. Clients ... shesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment