Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 16, 2011

The birthday boy receiving a smooch
from Dr. Mc.
Today is my son-in-law Nick's birthday. I've watched Nick grow from a baby-faced boy to a terrific man. He's without a doubt a mother-in-law's dream because he treats my daughter with such love and respect. Nick is handsome, sincere, fun and has the gift of gab! Mr. B and I have always been impressed with Nick's ability to connect with everyone.

Nick and Kendall met in 1987, when they were in the second grade. They "dated" for a nano second in the seventh grade, then remained friends all the way through high school graduation. Kendall talked about Nick a lot that first semester they were at UT and then they started dating at the beginning of their second semester. I was concerned about what would happen to them when they graduated, because Kendall was going off to graduate school in Denver. Then they announced Nick was moving to Denver to find a job. They lived in Denver for five years. I think one of the happiest days of my life was in 2007, when Kendall said Nick's job was transferring him, and they were moving back to Houston. They got engaged just after Christmas 2007, at our Santa Fe house, and were married on Nov. 1, 2008. Another happy day!

Today I'm creating a clean house. I can get into the routine of cleaning my own house, especially since I've promised myself a mani/pedi when the job is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment