Saturday, June 11, 2011

June 11, 2011

Beautiful quilt made by
Wendy Hook.
Mr. B and I went to an art opening at Darke Gallery last night. Three artists were showing, including fabric artist Wendy Hook. She makes beautiful "quilts." I use "quilt" loosely because I can't imagine anyone putting one of her pieces on a bed, but quilt sounds more descriptive than fabric wall hanging? The quilts are colorful and intricate. Lots of fabric pieced together and then quilted. As someone who sews, I admire the work! Also showing at Darke Gallery is Wendy Wagner. Mr. B and I have followed her career for sometime. She's very versatile: painting, ceramics and animation. Fun, whimsical characters. Most of her work makes me smile.

After the gallery, we had dinner at The Glass Wall. I normally order a delicious salad and add a chicken breast, but last night I went straight for the chicken fried steak with lots of cream gravy, and a side of mac and cheese. What was I thinking? When we got home I put on my stretchy pants, and turned on the television. That was around 10 p.m. Since 5 a.m., when I woke up on the couch with such a heavy stomach, I've been watching Hot in Cleveland. I've never seen it before, can't really recommend it, but in the past five hours or so I've watched every episode. Good cast and famous guest stars, but not my favorite sitcom.

Today I'm creating a new necklace and bracelet. Yesterday when I was hemming the pants I wore last night, I ran across some beads that I probably bought in Santa Fe last summer. When I saw them, I knew immediately what I want to do with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment