Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June 1, 2011

Beautiful purple-spotted orchid I received this morning.
There are good things to be said about getting up early. For example, I got up today around 7:30 a.m. While still in my pajamas, I dusted, vacuumed, cleaned the guest bathroom and finished cleaning the kitchen ... all before 9 a.m. Between 9-10 a.m., I had a shower, dried my hair, got dressed, ate breakfast and started working on the computer. In contrast, I normally wake up when Mr. B leaves the house around 8:20 a.m., but just laze around until noon or 1 p.m. Look at all that's possible when I get cranking in the morning!

I was motivated to get up this morning and do housework because a woman who was in Santa Fe with her husband last week was returning the house key. She was one of the nicest people I have ever met. In just the short time she was here, I got the sense that she is genuinely sweet and kind. She brought me the most beautiful orchid, which I photographed to use in the blog today. Even now while I'm typing I'm looking at the orchid and smiling.

Today I'm creating revisions to a newsletter, finishing the text for the newsletter I started yesterday, and compiling the minutes from last week's Bayou City Art Festival board meeting. It's going to be a very productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment