Sunday, June 12, 2011

June 12, 2011

Let the festivities begin! Last night was the official kickoff of my 2011 birthday season. Mr. B and I went to see Woody Allen's new movie, Midnight in Paris, with Keith and Kelly. I guess Woody Allen decided he's too old to play the leads in his movies, so he cast Owen Wilson as the stammering protagonist. Owen even wore the traditional khaki pants, wool blazer and semi-crumpled cotton shirt that Woody has traditionally worn in his movies. I haven't read the reviews, but enjoyed the premise of Midnight in Paris.

After the movie we had dinner at El Real. Damn that Bryan Caswell who once again eluded me. To have my photo snapped with one of my gourmet heros would have been the perfect ending to my first birthday celebration of the year. There maybe another photo opp on Friday, when Mr. B takes the family to Reef for dinner. P.S. I'm not really stalking Bryan Caswell with my pink iPhone.

Today I'm creating online retail therapy. I don't need therapy because I'm depressed, but because a girl needs new frocks for all her birthday celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment