Saturday, June 18, 2011

June 18, 2011

My birthday weekend began yesterday afternoon. Mr. B and I arrived at Reef early to have a cocktail before the "chicks" arrived. To our surprise and enjoyment, my nephew and his wife (Truett and Elva) were just finishing dinner. They were celebrating their 10th wedding anniversary and were off to see Chelsea Handler at Verizon. But before they left Kendall and Nick arrived, and then Evan and Raff. It was a family reunion in the bar area of Reef.

I'm in love!
The real surprise came once we sat down at our table, when who should arrive but ... wait for it ... my new BFF Chef Bryan Caswell. To all my FB foodie friends, eat your hearts out! I ADORE Bryan Caswell! Mr. B called Reef several times asking if the chef would be at the restaurant last night, and Nick tweeted him, promising that I would stop stalking him if he came to the table last night and said hello. Then, as soon as the chef was there for the photo opp, he was gone. Notice in the photo that he has on a shirt from El Real, so I'm guessing he came to Reef last night just for me, and then he was off to El Real.

After a terrific dinner, we were back to the house for Italian creme cake and champagne. Today is my actual birthday, and Mr. B and I are going to Mitzie and Bob's house for dinner.

Today I'm creating a plan of attack to meet Rick Bayless, the next chef on my must-meet list. He lives in Chicago, so meeting him may not be too easy since I've only been to the Windy City once. In the meantime, think I'll have a little retail therapy today. Happy birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment