Friday, June 17, 2011

June 17, 2011

I meant to have Mr. B scan a photo of my dad so I could post it for Father's Day, but he was busy last night. He took down the fan in the master bedroom and hung a new one, but it doesn't work. Poor Mr. B spent hours doing everything possible to make the fan work — I even saw him reading the directions. All of his messing with the fan made me think about my dad, who could fix anything. Mr. B is a good handyman, but Daddy was the best.

The Thursday newspaper has listings for estate sales. I always look at the ads to see if there are any treasures I need. Sure 'nuf, there was an estate sale that started yesterday. The ad mentioned vintage bicycles. So I drove out I-10 for 30 minutes only to find out the bicycles had been sold. Damn!

Today I'm creating a dust free house. Mr. B's drilling in the sheetrock and moving the old ceiling fan around the house created dust. Can't have dust in the house because we're having dinner at Reef with the family and then coming back to the house for cake and champagne. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment