Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June 7, 2011

Kendall warned me last week about making political commentaries on my blog, but I can't help myself! If the politicians are a good source of jokes for late-night comedians, they shouldn't be off limits on my blog. I promise to be an equal opportunity, bipartisan commentator so as not to offend just one group of followers and readers of my blog. Maybe I should subtitle all of these: "What were they thinking" or "Why aren't they thinking?" or maybe "Are you kidding me?" or simply "Really?" I'll work on it.

But for now ... here's what I'm currently laughing about in the political arena.
1. Pelosi formally requests Weiner ethics probe. Let's review. The man sent sexually suggestive photos of himself to women over the Internet via Twitter. His act begs the question, "Which 'weiner' was he thinking with?" He has admitted his guilt, so what is there to probe (Note: sexual inuendo intended).
2. Obama insists he's not afraid of the country slipping into a double-dip recession. Well, of course he's not concerned about a double-dip recession when Americans are still digging themselves out of the current recession. Perhaps the government wouldn't be in the "red" if Congress didn't conduct lengthy and costly investigations on representatives who admit they acted inappropriately, and then lie about their misdeeds. (See #1 above.)
3. It wouldn't be right to have this tirade and not mention Sarah Palin. It has been written that she attended five colleges, but, unfortunately, she never learned what most elementary school students can probably tell us, that Paul Revere wasn't attempting to warn the British when he rode around shouting, "The British are coming." Nor was he ringing bells and trying to protect gun rights.


Today I'm creating a newsletter draft for a client and a newsletter article for a community newspaper. Fun, fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment