Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June 8, 2011

I don't understand the programming of shows on USA. Instead of having the traditional school-year season where a series runs from September to May and takes the summers off, USA produces a smaller number of shows for a season. I never know when my favorites are returning because they're staggered. Such is the case with White Collar, which returned last night. I enjoy White Collar mostly because of the contrast between stars Matt Bomer (playing a smooth criminal without smugness) and Tim DeKay (playing an FBI agent who’s neither a hard-boiled jerk nor clumsy comic relief). Fun characters and writing! Also looking forward to the return of Burn Notice ... I think it's later this month.
This morning I watched Meredith Vieira's last day on Today. Matt Lauer made the kindness statement about Meredith, which was that for someone with such a big talent, she has such a small ego. So refreshing and such a contrast to Oprah and the last days ... er, make that year ... of her send-off. Over-the-top meets humble pie.
Today is creating a yummy desert in celebration of Best Friend Day. Didn't know there was such a day, but plan to celebrate by making my best friend some brownies. Hope Mr. B enjoys them!

No comments:

Post a Comment