Thursday, June 9, 2011

June 9, 2011

Key bowl next to the front door.
My favorite part of Thursday's Houston Chronicle is missing today. There's a special classified section on Thursdays that includes listings of upcoming estate sales. I always like to read the details about the estate sales because I can sometimes find items that interest me: fabrics, trims, buttons, beads, old baskets. Maybe a higher power is telling me that I don't really need anymore stuff, but instead need to organize and clean up my many existing projects and treasures.

For example, take a look at the key bowl that sits by the front door. Remember that only Mr. B and I live in this house. So why do we have so many keys and what do they open or turn on? I think there are keys in the bowl to my deceased parents' house, to Evan's demolished cars, to offices I haven't occupied in years, and to houses Mr. B sold long ago. Maybe the key to me getting organized is to start with the key bowl. Did I mention that the key bowl is an expensive, collectible piece of art pottery (circa 1915)? I think I bought it at an estate sale.

Today I'm creating a distressing technique for the message bag I'm sewing. The bag will be new, but have the "this-old-thing" worn look.

No comments:

Post a Comment