Friday, November 28, 2014

Black Friday

It's afternoon in the high desert and I'm hoping Black Friday early birds have finished with that madness and gone home for leftovers and a siesta, not to mention all the football games that are on television. On the news this morning, which comes from ABQ, the report was that there weren't huge crazy crowds. This isn't surprising since the mantra here seems to be "maƱana" (why do today what you can put off until tomorrow).

At the store I'm not looking for deals and steals, but rather essentials. I need household supplies such as laundry detergent. I also hope to find more cloth diapers that I'm using to create the burp pads. Apparently cloth diapers are only available at one place in town. Go figure. The discount store is across the street from the fabric store, which I'm hoping I can avoid today. If there's one thing I don't need it's more fabric! Still, buying fabric on sale is much more enjoyable than watching reruns of Gunsmoke, The Rifleman, and other spaghetti westerns with Mr. B (sorry dear).

Today I'm creating more baby items for the artisan show and sale I'm participating in on December 6. Only three more sewing days until we return to Houston and reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment