Wednesday, October 2, 2013

It didn't go as I thought it would, but what did I expect?

Reworked totes are much better than where they started.
I went up to my studio this afternoon and had a great time. Just Rose and me. I had a couple of tote bags that I had started about a year ago, but didn't like the direction so I set them aside. Today I picked them up, tore them apart, and started fresh. The result (see the pic of the day) are two really cute totes. This was the good part of my day.

Tonight I was invited to a meeting for open conversation about the Houston Heights Spring Home & Garden Tour and surrounding events. I wonder if I went there with a bad attitude because once the dialogue began, I didn't feel it was really an open conversation at all. I got the feeling that decisions had already been made. If this was the case, I was wasting my time! I brought up some not so positive elements of last year's tour, and really ruffled some feathers, even though that was not my intent. But how can you have an open conversation without the positive and the negative? It wasn't my intent to hurt anyone's feelings, but that is certainly what happened. As of now, I'm sure that Mr. B is still welcome in the neighborhood, but I'm not sure about me.

Today I'm creating a bio. I was struggling with what was sent to me. I struggled with trying to keep what someone else had written, but really wasn't happy with it. Dr. Mc reviewed it and gave me some direction. I walked away from it for a couple of hours and when I went back to it, everything fell into place. This is exactly what happened with the tote bags. I wasn't happy at first, but after time everything fell into place with them. I think that's what I need to do with the events of this evening's meeting. Just walk away, think about what happened, and get back to it when my mind is clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment