Thursday, October 3, 2013

Control

Cute little bag I reworked yesterday. I'm proud that I was
able to get the stripes to match in this vintage fabric.
I'm disappointed in myself that I've let the events of last night impact my mood today. My thoughts have been all over the place when I need to be focused on what's important and my current commitments. But telling myself to "snap out of it" doesn't seem to be working.

The "mom" who is inside my head and controls my guilty feelings is slapping me around, telling me that bringing up an unpleasant topic last night was hurtful to others and I should be ashamed. But the adult woman who resides in another part of my head tells me to be proud that I brought to light an issue that needed to be addressed. Who do I believe? Why can't there be a happy medium?

Today I'm creating a bag, I think. I haven't been upstairs to my studio yet and have an event that begins in three hours. So although I still have time to sew, I'd rather curl up in a ball and fret. What to do. Since the most productive thing to do would be to go upstairs and sew for two hours, I'm hoping I choose that alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment