Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December 5, 2012

Just arrived!
Look at the size of this lovely box that arrived just a few minutes ago from Zappos. On the bottom of the box are its measurements: 16x10x10. How many pairs of shoes are in the box? And where can I hide them all from Mr. B? The box was delivered by UPS and the delivery man was kind enough to ring the doorbell after putting the box on the porch. Before I could get to the front door, He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle, And away they all went like the down of a thistle. But I heard him exclaim, ‘ere he drove out of sight, get that box in house, your crutches have the might.


Mr. B and I were on the way to the doctor's office around 11 a.m. today when we got a call from the granddaughter-in-law of a dear friend. Our wonderful friend Neva passed away this morning. Mr. B and I are guessing she was 87 or 88 years young. She was one of the first people I met in neighborhood. She adored Mr. B and always referred to him as her boyfriend. I feel privileged to have called Neva my friend for more than 30 years. But as sad as we were to hear the news, it brings us joy to know that Neva is now reunited with her sweet husband, Joe, who died one year ago tomorrow. God help their family during this difficult time!

Today I'm creating plans for a client's holiday party. And now that I'm finished with my blog, I can open the box from Zappos. Yippee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment