Monday, December 10, 2012

December 10, 2012

Several friends from Santa Fe posted pictures of the snow that fell in Santa Fe yesterday. It's beautiful! The pic-of-the-day is of a church that is less than a mile down the street from Pettita Casita. During the summer there are gorgeous roses all around the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe.

In the background, The Santuario de Guadalupe, begun in 1795, is the oldest still standing church in the U.S. honoring Our Lady of Guadalupe. In August 2008, I attended the unveiling of the new sculpture that was created in Mexico City. The sculpture is 12 feet high on the altar. There are vases for daily offerings of flowers, a box for prayers, and an inlaid bronze Holy Rosary Walk in the pavement surrounding the statue.

Today I'm creating party plans for this weekend. Our Lady's Feast Day is December 12th. I wish I would be in Santa Fe on Wednesday to attend, but I'll stay in Houston and enjoy the cool weather here.

No comments:

Post a Comment