Wednesday, December 26, 2012

December 26, 2012

For Christmas, Sweetness gave Mr. B and me a coffee table book about New Mexico. Today, I spent all day looking at the rare historic photographs and reading the captions about the history of the Land of Enchantment. New Mexico became a state in 1912 and the book covers its centennial. Very enjoyable. Thanks, Sweetness!
Very interesting book from Evan for Christmas.
Kendall made my "MOM" from pipe cleaners.

One of the items on my bucket list is to create a coffee table book. Probably 10 years I interviewed to write a book about the stained glass windows in St. Martin's Episcopal Church in Houston. The graphic designer and the photographer on the project were top notch and I was really looking forward to the opportunity. Unfortunately, the woman who had coordinated the multi-year project for St. Martin's decided to write the book herself. She was a lovely woman who convinced the church she could write the book because she was a retired attorney. It was a big disappointment for me, and I think it turned out to be a disappointment for the church because the descriptions of the process and windows was more technical than readable. That's what you get when an attorney writes a book instead of a creative writer.

Today I'm creating plans for dinner with friends. We're trying a new restaurant in lower Westheimer named Roots. None of us have been there although I think it has been open for a year or so. This is the downside of living in a city with so many wonderful places to eat. We have our favorite restaurants and don't often try new ones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment