Saturday, December 22, 2012

December 23, 2012

Making centerpieces for Dr. Mc's table.
Although I try to be happy, this is such a difficult time of the year for me! My mother and older brother both died between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Plus, my last Christmas with Daddy was also sad. Although he was alive at Christmas, he really wasn't the father I had known. I think I fed him the Christmas in 2006, before he died in March 20007. I used to LOVE Christmas. I was the first one to put up decorations. My Christmas tree overwhelmed the living room. But I would say that since my mother died in 2001, I have cried a lot of the time during December. Sometimes I don't even care about decorations. Yet I have so many blessings and so much to be thankful for. Why can't I get past the sorrow? No one could ask for a better husband or more terrific children. Yet this is such a sad time of year for me.

I did get out of bed today to go to a party at friends' house. It was really fun because it was a small group. So many times the parties are huge and I get overwhelmed. We're invited to two parties tomorrow night. Right now, I don't know if I will make either of them.

Today I'm creating pillows. I need to make two burlap pillows for Dr. Mc. Mr. B made the trip to the fabric store for me today so I'll be able to fill the pillows.

No comments:

Post a Comment