Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What the … ?

It feels like Christmas was a million years ago,
instead of just a few weeks ago?
I've received emails this morning about two different topics, where the explanation was basically "that's the way we've always done it." Really? I love tradition and consistency as much as anyone. For example, I'd never wear all white or black to a wedding, or intentionally walk under a ladder or end a sentence with a preposition. But I've found that sometimes common sense, desire, a different time, need, etc., outweigh "that's the way we've always done it." It's like Thanksgiving. If Mr. B and I don't like eating turkey and dressing at noon, then why should we continue doing that just because that's the way it was done when we were kids?

Speaking of food, I'm watching The Chew, as I do almost everyday during lunch. Michael Symon is cooking short ribs in a slow cooker, which is what I did for our Christmas Eve dinner this year. So yummy! I want to run to the grocery store and buy short ribs to throw in the slow cooker. Unfortunately, fatty short ribs don't fall into the category of healthy eating. Especially when I can't always follow the rule of portion control.

Today I'm creating havoc and potentially moving some people's cheese, if you know that book. Regardless of the outcome, people should consider all the options available to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment