Saturday, January 4, 2014

A Productive Day

With a small bit of welding and lots of
scraping, the baker's rack will look great.
We didn't stay out too late last night, celebrating Dr. Mc's birthday. We were at D&T Drive Inn, which is an ice house in the Heights. It's owned by the same people who have Down House. Lots of beer, a few bottles of wine and set ups, plus a very limited menu. Their pimento cheese was terrific! It's not something I would normally order, but #1 son-in-law suggested it and the man knows his cheeses.

Today I met friend Sandy to talk about the Houston Heights Association's 2014 Spring Home & Garden Tour. I'm working on the auction and also coordinating the marketing materials. Later today I walked around 19th Street some. The man who owns the salvage yard was open, which only happens about two or three times a year. I had to walk around and see what new treasurers he had stuffed into the old burned out building space. Low and behold. A wonderful old wrought iron baker's rack was there. It only needs minimal repairs and some scrapping so Mr. B and I got it for the kitchen. After he cleans it up, it's going to look fabulous!

Today I'm creating spreadsheets and notes for the upcoming auction. I have lots of work to do so it will be fresh and enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment